Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

***100 words (Hour Three)***

Is it possible to come up with a sufficient number of topics to write about per hour? Well, maybe some folks may have trouble but I’m not one of them.

I personally believe everyone is interesting if you dig deep enough. One of my old acquaintances collect thimbles. She told me how her collection resulted in thousands(!) of dollars as she scoured antique shops and, later, ebay, to satisfy her collection.

I know another guy who holds adult parties on a regular basis. While I always found the idea to be interesting (I mean, people engaging in intense ‘public displays of affection’—or PDAs--without clothes and with other folks watching), the guy’s a major Christian church-goer. I later realized I allowed my own prejudice, though, color my view of his lifestyle: apparently you can justify anything if you look long enough at The Book (or text or whatever).

The two examples have stories to tell. No, I don’t think it’s hard to come up with topics. Selecting one, on the other hand, is a different matter entirely. (And don’t forget I have my own stories, too. This blog is about me, ultimately.)


Count: words 196

2 Comments:

  • PDA? - gives a whole new meaning to 'palm pilot'.:)

    By Blogger Leon, at 11:23 AM  

  • thimbles? adult parties? oh my life is dull!

    By Blogger Joe, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?