Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, July 28, 2005

***Cut off my arms***

They took our computers.

I noticed the foreshadow when one of my co-workers came to my cubicle and asked to use my computer to check her e-mail. She explained that her desktop (sans monitor) had been taken, to be shipped to corporate office on the other side of the country. I said go ahead as I field calls from The Spouse and consulting firm. (Three possible jobs, baby, with two highly viable. Wish me luck.)

My co-workers and I last week made arrangements to lunch together before our jobs ended. We chose today since many folks had no plans to be around Friday. So we car-pooled to a nearby Chinese buffet restaurant. It was my first time there; to many of my co-workers, though, it was there second. The first time they had eaten there was to celebrate another member leaving for a new opportunity. (He had given notice before our department had been cut.)

We then came back to work. And my computer was gone.

I had prepared. I knew they planned to take my machine next. I had backed up all important data. But the effect was still crippling. I couldn't work, I couldn't surf, I couldn't communicate. A vital part of me: of the hardworking Joel had been removed, leaving a mobile shell which joined others similarly crippled.

They better let us leave early tomorrow.


(Image found on the Internet and all rights belong to its owner.)

2 Comments:

  • Good luck. And I was fine with this post right up until that unfortunate pic at the end. LOL Stop that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

  • God that was cold, taking your computer while you were at lunch!

    By Blogger TK, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?