Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, September 28, 2006

From missing to being missed

When I was with Autoblog, I was a regular at the local

coffeeshop. Now that I have left, I've discovered I
not only miss spending those hours there, but the
employees missed me, too. Several tonight told me how
they'd look up at closing looking for me and suddenly
realize that I'm not there.

I remember distinctly that I wanted to travel after
high school. I wanted breath of experiences, not
depth. Start in one country, check out a few sites,
then travel to the next one that evening. Repeat in
next place. I realize I felt the same way with people.

Now I've discovered I'm most happy with a few familar
items: friends, places, books, etc. I haven't closed
myself to new experiences; I'm just not inclined to
seek them out like I used to. With such thoughts, I
now wonder if I'll be scared of change like I've seen
many adults when I was young. That, or go the opposite
direction and buy a convertible and find myself a 20
year old twink.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

6 Comments:

  • I can relate to this. I travelled across Europe with a backpack. I can't even comprehend doing this now.

    I have always had trouble meeting the right people. When I was younger I would devote myself to new friends at the expense of old ones. Now I value people more but cling too much. I think its a middle age thing. ^__^

    By Blogger Leon, at 1:24 AM  

  • Hmm...somehow, I don't think R would go for your other option. Call me crazy....

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:33 AM  

  • i want an 20 year-old twink too. can you give me a call when you find out which store sells them??? :)

    By Blogger No Milk Please, at 12:59 PM  

  • leon,

    LOL. just make sure to wear protection when clinging too much :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:50 PM  

  • greg,

    GASP! You won't tell, would you? :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:50 PM  

  • no milk,

    Weho :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?