Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, May 11, 2007

Last Chance Come and Gone

On Saturday, May 5th (Cinco de Mayo), I purchased my
latest vehicle, a 2006 Acura RL, from Carmax. The used
car company offers a five-day return policy, and
Thursday--May 10th--was my deadline.

I figured out some flaws with the car. We paid higher
than my original budget (though R. was more than
willing to approve the new price tag). It gets
atrocious gas mileage versus our Accord hybrid (but
heck, virtually any other six-cylinder car will, too).
And there's a slight but persistent creaking from the
sunroof which I'd probably never have noticed except
for the car's quietness. (Solution: close the shade.)

Then, yesterday, I realized I didn't perform the most
basic task when buying a used car: get its history.
R., thankfully, was willing to do so and, after $20,
got a clean bill of health from the DMV. Whew!

I had until 9PM yesterday to return my car to Carmax
for a full refund. When I looked at my cellphone and
saw it was 945PM, I knew that my mind was made up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?