Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fifteenth Hour

My eyeballs feel like boiled eggs.

That's a problem when you work in front of a computer all day. Information --specifically, written information -- is your "product" day in and day out. All my blog posts, my team's posts, blog images, and communication are always in front of an Alt-tab away.

There's no letup, especially in this day and age. "Information overload" is a real issue for many of us in media. I spent a good half-hour to sometimes an hour each working day both in email and the Internet culling the so-called wheat from the chaff(?) to find my diamonds in the rough auto news. I post between 15 to 26 new posts a day during the week. That's a lot of diamonds to find. Then there all these images....

But here's the "sad" thing. You know what I do when I get home? Yup, that's right. After a brief nap, I boot up my laptop and start the process all over again but with new topics (e.g., personal blog posts, rpgs, news, etc.) I hope that, one day, we'll have artificial eyes, for I can see (get it?) that I'm going to need them.
--
Carpe Diem (seize the day)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?