Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

And the runner-ups (and winner) are:


Last week a couple of friends of mine and I decided form an informal "book club". We agreed each would submit four books to the other two via e-mail by today and we'd decide which one to read and discuss at a later date.

Well, here were my four:

Misadventures in the (213) by Dennis Hensley

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

The Summer They Came by William Storandt

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon


After sending e-mail messages to and fro, we narrowed down to East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Our discussion date will be the 31st of this month.


Note that all images were found on the Internet and rights belong to their owners.


NOTE: As long-time visitors of my blog may note, I've made a...slight...change to my blog's appearance.

9 Comments:

  • OH MY! New look? Why'd you change it? I've heard so much of East of Eden, I have to read it one day.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 6:52 AM  

  • Re: why.
    Future post.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:03 AM  

  • Interesting new look.

    RE: East of Eden.
    Started it last night. Just 20 pages so far, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

    By Blogger Greg, at 10:33 AM  

  • Re: reading.
    I still have to secure the book. Hmmm. Maybe this weekend.

    And speaking of weekends...

    Wil Wheaton will be in the area (SoCal) and signing. Need to start reading his book. Sigh.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:49 AM  

  • awwwwwwww. i liked the other layout better. :(

    but it's your blog and you're the one who needs to be hapy. ;)

    By Blogger domynoe, at 11:19 AM  

  • RE: other layout.
    Thanks, domynoe. I'll post my reasons later but it boils down to words. I just found the other layout to be too...restrictive.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:32 AM  

  • RE: book club.
    We actually formed in informally. I've noted for some time that my two buds constantly were exchanging books and discussing them when we met weekly. I finally decided to join them and...bam!...the "club" was formed.

    I know there was a group that met at a local B&N but never participated in it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:42 PM  

  • i'd join a book club, but it'll make me feel like i'm doing homework. heheh...

    and the new look is great! it's cleaner and it's bigger. easier on the eyes. makes me want to redo mine :)

    By Blogger Joe, at 9:51 PM  

  • Re: redo.
    You nailed it pretty much why I made the changes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?