Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Weekend Words


Image was found on the Internet and all rights belong to their owners.

Boy! Did I fall behind. Here's what happened last weekend:


Saturday


  • Work's been very rough lately for R. Thus, for the past few weekends we've spent the lion's share of the afternoon and evening in front of our computers. While some folks may find such activity (or lack of) disturbing, we consider it our "quiet and together" time. We surf the Internet for different things: R. currently looks for anime cells while I surf for interesting blogs. Occasionally we'll stir and call the other one over to look at something (see below) or react (usually by laughing) to some discovery. Then the other will call out (not shout since our offices are across the hall) to find out what's happening. And we do this repeatedly throughout the afternoon and evening. We do have dinner together and watch anime as well.
A member over at one of the Tribe.net groups lambasted me for all the posts I placed on the public forum. Was asked if I had a need for some sort of "ego gratification" in seeing my name all over the forum.

What? Utterly bizarre. R. counseled me not to reply but ignore the flame which I did.

Some people apparently don't like folks who just enjoy posting questions....
  • We processed several book orders for our business. Yay! Now if we could process a hundred times more, I could finally sing, "we're in the money...!"

Spent some part of the afternoon shopping for cabinetry to match our upcoming new floor. Ack! I feel so...domestic.

  • Oh my. I was reading the comments over at one of my friend's blogs and I felt...jealous. I couldn't believe it. I laughed myself silly.

Sunday

  • Went techie and added Blogrolling to Words, Weights, Whatever. Will see how it runs before adding it to Way.
Nesting continues in our household. We checked out more floor samples at a local floor place.

Grrr. I have to admit I was snappy at R. over this issue. I've made my opinions known since we discussed the first batch of samples and I'm ready to move on and schedule the construction to begin. But R. insisted in continue to look. I snapped; fortunately, by cellphone. By the time we joined up I had calmed down and recognized being patient is important when the house is concerned (especially for the amount of remodeling that has to be done.)

But I'll need to continue to zen. I can see this "nesting" stuff is not going to be pleasant...
  • R. had to drive up to work to continue the paperwork. I stayed home and worked on the foodshopping, bills, and housework. Ugh. At least the weather's beautiful. We later met for dinner that evening.

14 Comments:

  • What does Blogrolling do? It adds links to your link list? Sounds like your past few days have been filled. That's a good thing.

    By Blogger SBB, at 1:20 PM  

  • Re: blogrolling.
    Actually you add the links. Blogroll monitors those websites and, when there's a change, notifies you the websites been updated.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:31 PM  

  • Love the photo, BTW. When are we going to start seeing some by you? When's that digital camera going to arrive?

    By Blogger SBB, at 3:30 PM  

  • RE: my own pics.
    Waiting for the Canon A90 to come out.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:53 PM  

  • My partner and I do a similar thing, with the quiet online time. We got wireless laptops though, so we can bond on the sofa instead of in separate offices ;-)

    Sandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

  • I love that little duckie picture. It makes me feel all maternal. It reminds me of watching my daughter walk into Kindergarten. How sappy can I be? ;-)

    I've said it to someone else, but as far as Tribe goes...well...you put that many people in one place, and you're bound to get a few malcontents. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Someone's got to post stuff to keep it going. People wouldn't respond (and they always do) if they found it annoying.

    And finally (when did I get so wordy?), enquiring minds want to know whose blog comments you were jealous of. ;-)

    By Blogger Tuna Girl, at 7:50 PM  

  • speaking of zen, build a zen garden when you're remodeling. and go with wireless laptops like Sandra, so u both can zen out in the garden reading blogs and watching anime. romantic patience! and also speaking of anime, what are you watching? i've been meaning to add a anime i'm watching sidebar.

    By Blogger Joe, at 8:28 PM  

  • Re: zen.
    Oh, WOW. What an awesome idea. We could also save cost by letting the gardeners go as well. Hmmm.

    Re: anime.
    Currently Inuyasha. Got lots, though, still waiting in the wings. Waiting for Detective Conan. You?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:40 PM  

  • Someone in The Tribe asked if you were after "ego gratification?!" Ugh! What a moron! At least your questions stick to the topic of blogging!

    Just ignore the person, or better yet, post a question related to the lambasting!!

    By Blogger Greg, at 7:11 AM  

  • And who is this beee-atch from the Tribe? You want me to slap him with my too-queer-and-witty-comments? I'll do that for you, you know.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 7:42 AM  

  • Re: Tribe.
    That's otay. Again, I was more surprised than hurt.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:26 PM  

  • Re: tribe.net - some trolls have nothing better to do than bitch.

    By Blogger Leon, at 7:28 PM  

  • RE: trolls.

    I don't think the individual has even posted a topic yet.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:42 PM  

  • i'm watching Lain and Monster at the moment. my roomie has a collection and gets more stuff all the time. about tribe basher dude... sounds awful, but go meditate in the zen garden and let it slide away... :P

    By Blogger Joe, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?