Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

***100 words (Hour Six)***

Empty conference rooms.

I don’t remember when I discovered them. I know it was during lunch. My department and the adjacent Marketing department personnel were gone. The workplace, normally so busy you could hear a pin drop, was now like a tomb. I wandered around the various rooms until I peered into what would be the first of two rooms I would used for my…meditation.

Both are conference rooms. Tables and chairs filled them. And their closed doors kept cool air with them. (Unlike where our cubicles were located. Several times I felt I was in sauna.)

And both rooms were dark. Only the dim glow of LCD from one of the high-tech gadgets lit the enveloping darkness.

Perfect, I thought as I slipped in. I closed the door as quietly as I could. Then….

(to be continued….)



Count: words 141

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?