Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, August 05, 2005

***Breakdown***

I don't remember what time I felt it. I know, though, I was in the coffeeshop.

I had all these great plans for this week. Writing, working out (weights), housework, etc. And I knew I squandered it. Big time. And I felt all the emotions--anger, guilt, shame, etc.--as I read the latest specs on the Mazda6 5-door (i.e., hatchback), my latest car obsession.

I realized it was the loss of the Boeing-affiliate job opp. Rationally, it made sense. The company wanted someone more technical-oriented. But feelings are not rational and my self-esteem plunged.

Actually, that's too easy an excuse. I dug deeper and realized it was shock alright, but shock over one of the best jobs I've worked so far.

That I can deal with. I had felt the same way when I was let go from Sprint PCS.

It's not over. But knowing what was the cause is the first step. I drew upon that knowledge when I drew up my new ToDo lists.

Gotta run. Bills to pay.

3 Comments:

  • Dude, I'm pullin' for ya!

    By Blogger SBB, at 1:40 PM  

  • You're going to be fine, Joel.

    By Blogger Greg, at 6:55 AM  

  • Awww ... you're going to be fine! Just be positive. Go read Kabbalah :) JUST KIDDING!

    I'm loving the car, though I'm an SUV type of person.

    By Blogger GrooveTheory, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?