Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, August 25, 2005

***In the mood***


I'm going to indulge something I rarely do in my blog. I'm going to rant. If this is not your type of post, leave NOW.



















Still around? Okay, I warned you.



  • What is with people who can't recognize how attractive they are? I know one friend who attracts suitors like flies to honey yet constantly bitches how they can't find The ONE? Well, may be if they weren't so fuckin' picky and would make their personality more interesting they'd find that special someone. SHEESH.
  • Why are people so scared to write? He-LLO. No one's expecting perfection on the first draft. So stop thinking you can't come up with an idea to sustain a book or it's not lookin' like Shakespeare on the first draft. Oh, and stop calling it WRITER'S BLOCK. I know I haven't finished my stuff because of procrastination, being lazy, and I like researching cars/having sex more than writing a lot. Just say you're scared and be done with it.
  • Don't give me the excuse that you don't have time to work out to lose weight. If you have time to join your friends and stand in line for several hours to wait for a store to open for some special deal/spend hours to arrange time with said friends (or lovers) to spend more hours, you can make time to hit the gym.
    And going on with weight-loss:
  • If you're making time to spend with your child, make time to work out. Do you want weight-related issues kill you and leave your child an orphan?
  • Stop expecting to date a model if you're homely-looking and not rich. Or, worse, don't have a personality.
  • Stop expecting me to act like your go-between/nurse/admin ESPECIALLY if you cause the issue in the FRIGGIN', FUCKIN', FIRST PLACE. I had no prob with the latest design; why do YOU want me to call the contractor to change it?
  • I HATE piles. Yet instead of helping me pick up YOUR piles, you complain how tired you are. Then I see you jump at the opportunity to check out a bookfair/new houses/etc., for several hours. You really don't expect me to seethe?
  • You say you can't understand fantasy/romance/science-fiction/etc., finding you can't relate to them. Yet you read books or see movies exploring involving supernatural/exploring one's vagina/penis or discuss interpretations of Shakespeare and because the subjects deal more with reality?
  • You drool over gorgeous folks but expect such folks to be attracted to you for your "sparkling" personality when you're standing in the shadowed corner of a party? Here's a fact for you: studies show the vast majority of couples marry folks of similar attractiveness. If you want that gorgeous thing over there, start workin' on your own looks, honey. And, no, new hairstyles/outfits/reading (and not practicing) on how to attract attractive people is not going to help.
  • Stop bitchin' about the world's probs if your not willing to help solve it. And don't EVEN try to accuse me of the same: I devoted time and money for years as a volunteer and I know I've withdrawn from the world at the moment. And do you hear me bitchin' about the world constantly? I didn't think so.
  • You want that cute twink to adapt to your culture but see no need to try to understand their viewpoint or adapt to their culture because you're an individual and see no need to change. And you wonder why you're still single, Mr./Ms co-dependent?
  • Do you really expect me to be sympathetic when your lover leaves you for the person they were seeing behind your back when that's how you both met (i.e., you were cheatin' on your spouse)?


Ah. I feel much better. Now back to my sweet posts....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?