Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, September 15, 2006

Feeling the other side's green (or has better health benefits)

At lunch, I called up my sister who's currently training for Kaiser. I, too, had interviewed for a position at the medical group and received a job offer. But by then I had accepted my current job and Kaiser wouldn't raise its rate to my minimum.

I now wonder if I had made a mistake. My sister seems so excited about the position. Yeah, she's concerned about certain aspects of it but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity, an opportunity I let go.

I know better. I know there's no such thing as the "perfect" job or, heck, even a stable one these days. That, and other factors such as driving, duties, and personnel, ultimately led me to take my current job. We both know the next few years won't be easy for her and her family. However, once the positions finished, she'll be in a great position to make some serious money.

Is it jealousy for her good fortune? Is the grass being greener mean, to me, more greenbacks?

2 Comments:

  • If she's anything like me, her optimism is merely an attempt to "sell" the position to herself by "selling" it to others. I often find myself doing that to convince myself that I have made a good and sound decision. So no, based on that, I would not be jealous. Whether the grass is greener: it's always just going to be grass, no matter the color.

    Cheers,
    Christian
    http://mentaldeviant.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • I agree. I find that once a decision is made and papers signed, etc, then the second guessing begins. Not so much "was it the right decision" as could there have been a better one.

    By Blogger Leon, at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?