Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Starting off from Las Vegas

As previously posted, we visited my parents in Las Vegas over the weekend.

You need to know something. I don't care a wit about the city. I don't drink or gamble. We checked out the new Wynn hotel and discovered it was similar to the Mirage. Later we figured out the owners of the latter owned the Wynn so the similarities were not surprising. When we visit Las Vegas, we checked out the book stores like Albion.

Normally I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy Las Vegas. This time, though, the spouse felt the same. "There's nothing new," R. complained. We had just walked the Strip and had stopped at a Starbucks for some refreshing drinks.

Actually, there were some new things: more beggars and more drunk teens. Neither were attractive sights.

But we didn't dwell on all this negativity. We, instead, planned our next trip to Sin City: plays, shows, and checking out even more bookstores. I even relented and said R. could spend some hard-earned cash on gambling.

The mood took both of us. We now have plans to try out new restaurants, plays, and conventions. We may even entertain in our house (though R. put up a brave smile at that suggestion). Satisfied and more than a little high from our iced drinks, we headed back to the parents' place around midnight.

3 Comments:

  • I've only visited Vegas once since I left elementary school. For a work function. It was okay, but like you, I'm not much of a drinker or gambler. I rode the Manhattan Express and would still like to check out the other roller coasters, but Vegas holds almost no interest for me.

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:16 AM  

  • Welcome back. Why anyone would voluntarily go to Vegas is beyond me. Bleah! :~)

    Cheers, Christian
    http://mentaldeviant.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 AM  

  • LV has some amazing used bookstores.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?