Words, Weights, Whatever

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dreams and Food

I remember my dreams. Early this morning I "watched" some post-apocalyptic world where a being, "The Dragon" ruled, seducing people while their significant others watched; cars were controlled by only a few; and people reminisced about the past over model building, trains, and ships. I told R.about the dream and am already trying to figure out the rational behind it: who's The Dragon? How does he have such an effect on the survivors around him; why is the world the way it is? I already know the story's belongs to one of the odd magic realism sub-genres. I'm not sure, for example, if The Dragon is a real entity or one of those metaphysical symbols found in similar stories.

Later this evening, I attended another taste test for Romano's Macaroni Grill. I sampled five new entries: one pasta dish and four meaty meals. Yum! Even though I ate only two-thirds of each dish, I'm quite full.

2 Comments:

  • If you said "dragons" I would think High Fantasy but what popped in my mind was the Christian symbol of Satan as dragon. (Of course it could be Stephen King or Michael Chrichton.)

    By Blogger Leon, at 8:57 PM  

  • It's funny you mentioned Satan... :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?