Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, August 29, 2003

Personal:
Ugh. Feel totally sleepy today. Body reminding me not to go to bed at 0200 in the morning when I know I have to get up at 0600.

Bought lots of graphic novels (trade paperbacks) at the comic book store yesterday. Finished Negation: Baptism under Fire. Whew! Incredible. I especially loved the scenes involving Charon's minions testing the baby Mimi. Awesome and hilarious at the same time. While I love the art, it's the story that is primary to me.

It was the graphic novels that kept me awake. Finished the first Mystic trade paperback (TP) skimmed the latest Sojourn and the first Sigil TP. It was 0200 when I finally turned off my night light.


Spouse:
Resorting to old habits. Need to break them. Hmmm. Instead of yearly resolutions, why not monthly resolutions?


Son:
Waiting to hear about tomorrow.


Siblings:
Waiting to hear about tomorrow.


Friends:
Dinner to celebrate Clark's b-day tonight. I'm currently not planning to join everyone afterwards.


Writer:
Yikes! Read on Sheila Viehl's blogger that she's written nine books in a year and is considering trying for ten. I'm stunned and, at the same time, enthused to get my bottom settled down to write.

I'm giving consideration again to set aside (working title) Pyrrhic Price. My greatly experienced writing mind looks at the project like an apprentice painting looking at the Mona Lisa: it's possible but not at my current skill level. I have a couple of other project s that I feel I can accomplish at my current level and grow from. Something to give thought over the holiday (Labor Day) weekend.


Fitness:
Drove down to South Coast to see if I could make it to attend the 1730 step class yesterday. I gave up at 1729: the traffic was terrible. Will do extra cardio over the weekend. Weight training to start (again!) next week.


Housework:
Bought water for the coffee yesterday.


Employee:
Brought donuts in this morning. I'm finally beginning to wake up. Wanna review some docs today. Will be participating in a training session before noon.


Entrepreneur:
Checked P.O. Box yesterday. Just credit card bills and bank statements. Waiting for partner to process an order.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?