Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Weekend Warriors...NOT (continued)

I had originally planned to wake early (before 10:00 AM) on Sunday to attend one of my favorite cardio classes. But R. turned over and snuggled and I was immediately knocked senseless in a warm and loving embrace. We finally crawled out of bed. Repeating Saturday, we spent most of the morning surfing the Internet: I on my blog and Tribe.net; R. looking for more anime cells.

Weeks ago I had found out that author L.E. Modesitt would be signing at Mysterious Galaxy. R. and I originally planned to go together but, due to work obligations (which was negated by lack of connectivity to the workplace databases), I drove down solo.


(All images found the Internet and belong to their respective owners.)

I enjoyed Modesitt's low-key presentation and will go in depth in a later post. I also purchased a couple of hundred dollars worth of books. (Which is not bad, considering we've easily spent 2-3 times that much on average.) Drive back home was crowded, unfortunately. But R. welcomed me back with open arms and drove us for din-din.

I spent the rest of the evening preparing a resume for a perm job position* while R. read.


*My current job and what's happening to it will require another post.

8 Comments:

  • Man, you're a tease! What's going on with the job, huh?

    By Blogger SBB, at 8:47 AM  

  • Re: job.
    You're going to have to wait. I've blogged from work before and IT may look in and I don't want to mess up job prospects.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:22 AM  

  • I'm just so bad at waiting. I don't have the patience for it. Sigh.

    By Blogger SBB, at 10:44 AM  

  • Re: waiting.
    Think how fast it'll take to write a novel, submit it to publishers, the rejection slips, the acceptance, the contracts, the rewrites, the final editing, then the publication of the book.

    My post will be a lot faster ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:30 PM  

  • couple hundred...

    Those are a lot of books!

    By Blogger standaman, at 2:06 PM  

  • RE: Those are a lot of books!

    Mostly hardbacks so it was, like, seven books.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:58 PM  

  • couple of hundred $. holly molly. do u give out library cards? and free shipping? lemme borrow a few.

    By Blogger Joe, at 8:03 PM  

  • What's a library card? ;-)

    Seriously, we have a book business (www.bookpile.com) and all these things become part of the stock.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?