Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

***Movin', movin', movin'...MY LIFE***

Fitness was the word for Monday. One of the perks of being an employee is access to the on-site gym facility. One of the administrators, after I signed the appropriate paperwork (i.e., "thou shall not sue the company for thy stupidity when lifting weights"), gave me a tour of the place.

Two unisex locker/shower combos. Plenty of freeweights. Trendmill and bicycle. Several machines to strain one's muscles. Boom box (with CDs). And a fan that looked inadequate to keep cool the ten by ten foot room. Overall, not a bad room with one big exception: a two-way window into the warehouse. Later, I bumped into a gym member who told me she turns off the lights when working out.

Fitness continued in the evening when I took a step class at my regular gym. Either I had a lot of repressed energy or the instructor had it, but the pace was fast and furious. I actually had to stop more than once to catch my breath. Am I that out of shape? It's either that or I wasn't pacing myself. Still, my weight has stabilized at 204. I'm hoping to drop it below 200 by month's end.

Remodeling continues to progress though in fits and starts (which, apparently, is normal.) On Monday, one contractor came over and installed some new wood paneling on our bar. Unfortunately, though, they placed it wrong. Then Tuesday the contractor who's doing our counter-tops installed one half on our bar and partially completed the floor in the laundry room. Because they started so late in the afternoon, I missed my evening workout to supervise them and speak with R. about their work. But I made it up by gorging on lots of food with my friends
that night.

2 Comments:

  • "I made it up by gorging on lots of food with my friends that night."

    Sure, blame it on us. Remember though: we didn't force you to buy that whole strawberry pie....

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:06 AM  

  • Strawberry pie ... hmmmm ...

    By Blogger SBB, at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?