Words, Weights, Whatever

Friday, October 27, 2006

My Heart Has Moved On

Years ago, before I met R., I had broken up with my now ex, JC. My...loins...though, were figuratively attached for some time after I had left and didn't "break" until a year later. How? I had developed an attraction to a cast member on Melrose Place and the realization of the fact made me laugh long and hard.

I'm experiencing a similar feeling now. Decades ago, I met BSW, my first major crush, and the feeling never fully faded away. While it has had no affect on my relationship, I've always been secretly miffed that I couldn't shake it. But little changes in my tastes and what are my standards of beauty finally had an impact. A couple of weeks ago, one of them more attractive regulars at the coffeeshop came into view and stayed there most of the evening. I couldn't help but continually glance up from my keyboard. I noticed that whenever my mind conjured up BSW, that regular, A., instead appeared, and the differences, physically, between the two showed how much my taste had changed.

I wonder what my next "emotional" growth will be.

5 Comments:

  • Crushes are awesome...but they're just that: an ephemeral feeling of lust that somehow got imbedded in our consciousness. I've never had a crush that turned out the way I'd envisioned it once I acted upon the impulse. My most satisfying relationships come from deeper, more long-lasting connections.

    Cheers, Christian
    http://mentaldeviant.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 AM  

  • The ones I hate are when old tastes pop up when I am bored. I think 'what gives am I backsliding?' and then realize what is happening. Junk food for the mind.

    By Blogger Leon, at 10:39 PM  

  • Christian,

    Very true. We're going on our 13th year next month and it continues to get better and deeper :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:28 PM  

  • Junk food that needs to be tossed, Leon. Thanks :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:29 PM  

  • Hi, I'd appreciate it if you didn't link that image directly to my server. I pay the bandwidth bills and don't really appreciate it when someone else uses said bandwidth. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?