Words, Weights, Whatever

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Twenty Two

I could easily be dead now.

Unlike The Spouse and G., I was definitely not relationship-inclined. I would have enjoyed the so-called "sexual revolution", indulging in all those multiple partners, unsafe sex, and other lifestyles that I read about in history books and anti-sex rhetoric.

But I was born 10-20 years too late. Using condoms, "safe sex", monogamy, etc., are as part of my psyche as putting on a seat belt. (Remember when those were optional? I sure don't.) And while I have visited bathhouse and even sex clubs, I did so either between seeking my next relationship or in my relationship. (My spouse knows me too well, damn it.)

Yet I sometimes still dream of that bygone era. And dreaming, in the form of fantasy, is safe sex.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?