Words, Weights, Whatever

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Words starts by killing Dracula

Though feeling ill from a recent asthma attack, I joined my gaming buddies for some D&D 3.5 where are PCs had their first confrontation with the Big Bad, Count Strahd (aka fantasy Dracula). We drove him back. Yay! I suspect though that our DM didn't fully understand how to use BB, making combat a lot easier. We'll see in our next confrontation.

Saturday should have been a day for more gaming. I drove out to Claremont to play my monthly Pathfinder game and discovered the GM had to cancel to take his wife to the hospital. It was a last minute thing and I don't think he had my phone number or access to it. So I used the chance to check out a couple of hobby stores before heading home. That evening, I attended my monthly boardgame night. I can't go into details, but apparently there's some drama going on with the hosts and some of the members, and those in the know could sense the tension which was thick enough to cut with a knife.

Sunday The Spouse and I milled about Orange County. We started with an Indian brunch, then checked out Fashion Island. It had been a while since we've been to the outdoor mall, and I found it fascinating to watch all the Rodeo-drive wannabe; you know, with the toy dogs, the expensive clothes and accessories, and way too little flesh on their "my body from plastic surgery" figures. Then off to the Spectrum where we dined at Izakaya Wasa, our newest eatery haunt. We were so tired and full that The Spouse napped when we got home, a rarity.

Overall, I give the the weekend three and a half stars out of five.

--
Carpe Diem (seize the day)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Who links to me?